synchronism n : the relation that exists when things occur at the same time; "the drug produces an increased synchrony of the brain waves" [syn: synchrony, synchronicity, synchroneity, synchronization, synchronisation, synchronizing] [ant: asynchronism, asynchronism, asynchronism]
- Italian: sincronismo (1,2)
In telecommunication the term synchronism has the following meanings:
1. The state of being synchronous.
2. For repetitive events with the same, multiple, or submultiple repetition rates, a relationship among the events such that a significant instant of one event bears a fixed time relationship to a corresponding instant in another event.
3. The simultaneous occurrence of two or more events at the same instant on the same coordinated time scale.
It can also mean:
In art and entertainment
- Synchromism, an early 20th century art movement, commonly misspelled as Synchronism
- A webcomic by Reva Sharp
Notes and references
accompaniment, accord, accordance, affinity, agreement, alliance, assent, association, attune, attunement, cahoots, chime, chiming, chorus, co-occurrence, co-working, coaction, coetaneity, coetaneousness, coevalneity, coevalness, coexistence, coherence, coincidence, collaboration, collectivity, collusion, combination, combined effort, compatibility, concentus, concert, concerted action, concomitance, concomitancy, concord, concordance, concourse, concurrence, confluence, conformance, conformation, conformity, congeniality, congruence, congruency, congruity, conjunction, consilience, consistency, consonance, consonancy, consort, conspiracy, contemporaneity, contemporaneousness, cooperation, correspondence, diapason, equivalence, euphony, harmonics, harmony, heavy harmony, homophony, intersection, isochronism, junction, monochord, monody, oneness, overlap, parallelism, parasitism, peace, rapport, saprophytism, self-consistency, simultaneity, symbiosis, symmetry, symphony, sync, synchronization, synergy, tally, three-part harmony, timing, togetherness, tune, uniformity, union, unison, unisonance, united action, withness